Goal 4: Enhance organizational excellence by creating a culture of constant improvement
An excellent university is pervasively excellent. The standard of excellence applies to all NC State faculty and staff and to all departments, institutes, centers, and units. Achieving excellence requires constant attention, self-assessment, inclusion, and the courage to change and adapt.
Recent Initiatives and Updates
- Merging the Undergraduate Academic Programs office and the Student Affairs office into one unit – the new Division of Academic and Student Affairs, or DASA – is on track for full implementation by July 1, 2012.
- NC State has changed the payment structure for distance education classes.
- Provost Warwick Arden announced organizational changes in diversity, outreach and economic development programs on July 1, 2011, as part of the university’s strategic realignment.
- In preparation for NC State’s reaccreditation in 2014 by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association on Colleges and Schools (SACSCOC), a significant requirement is the development of a plan to enhance the quality of education and improve student learning.
- After a yearlong, careful review of its academic science programs, the university will replace its College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences with a broader, more comprehensive College of Sciences.